Self Directed Support (SDS) is intended to give you more choice and control over your care by giving you a Personal Budget to cover the cost of the care and support you need.
It can help you to live as independently as possible and develop better links with your local community by putting you at the centre of planning the social care support you need.
Am I eligible for Self Directed Support?
- Self directed support and personal budgets are for meeting your social care needs.
- This is support you may need to manage everyday things such as shopping, housework, getting out and about and personal care.
- To qualify for self directed support you need to have critical or substantial social care needs based on the Fair Access to Care Services criteria.
- The fair access to care services criteria are based on government guidance to ensure that decisions on receiving care are made fairly, openly and consistently.
- Your care co-ordinator will assess this and tell you if you qualify for social care support.
For more information about fair access to care services and what the criteria are see Fair Access to Care Services leaflet and Oxfordshire County Council’s web page on Fair Access to Care Services