Community Services strategy
Community services provided by Oxford Health cover a wide range of health services including for example, our community hospitals, district nurses and health visitors.
We currently carry out over 600,000 appointments each year from over 75 places across the county. Our community services play a key role in keeping people well, treating urgent health problems, responding to acute illness and managing long-term conditions.
Oxford Health is currently looking to develop a strategy to help shape the future of community services for the whole of Oxfordshire. This strategy will be a plan of what our patients can expect from us over the next three years. The plan will set out the changes we want to make over the next 3 years to achieve our vision of:
improving the health, wellbeing, independence and care experiences of individual residents, while strengthening the interdependence of people, families and communities across all of Oxfordshire.
It is important that in developing this plan we understand the views of people who use and provide our services. To do this we will be asking our staff, volunteers, patients and partners to help us develop the strategy by asking for their experiences and feedback on the plan.
Non-urgent advice: Strategy development
Development of the strategy will made up three main parts:
- Working through what we need to cover in the strategy and the principles which will help us to decide how services are delivered
- Development of options for how we deliver services differently
- Formal consultation on any “substantial changes” proposed, in other words where we are suggesting a significant change to the service we offer
We have set up a number of different ways to get involved to make sure we are capturing a range of perspectives, see below more details of how you can get involved:
Families, friends, carers and patients with experience of community services
During July, we will be running focus group sessions to work with you to explore the approach you think we should take to developing our services.
At these sessions a group of patients, patient families and carers will be invited to come and discuss the future plans.
Everyone participating will have the opportunity to feedback on the proposals based on their experiences.
If you would like to get involved in these forums please email us at: email@example.com with the subject ‘Families, friends, carers & patients engagement’
Local community groups and wider residents of Oxfordshire
Over the next few months, we will be running sessions to work through what we need to cover in the strategy and the principles which will help us to decide how services are delivered.
If you would like to get involved in these sessions or receive updates on the progress of the strategy please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Local community and resident engagement’
Visit the following Oxfordshire CCG page which contains further information about the principles engagement process they are currently running.
Oxford Health Staff
There are a number of ways which staff can get involved with developing the strategy. More information can be found on the Oxford Health intranet by searching Community services strategy.
Non-urgent advice: View strategy working documents
Throughout the development of the strategy we will be making draft documents available so you can see what we’re working on and let us know your feedback.
Below are links to the draft documents which are currently available.
- Oxford Health NHS FT – community services strategic framework April 2021
- Oxford Health NHS FT – Draft CS compendium of evidence
- Oxfordshire Community services pathways review – This document reviews community services delivered across Oxfordshire and maps the areas of development which have been identified for consideration within the Oxfordshire Community Services strategy
- Clinical review – Improving the Community Beds and Inpatient Pathways 8.3.22 – Summary of the clinical review carried out to look at the current role of community beds within Oxfordshire, suggested clinical pathways and wider considerations for implementation
- Final community services strategy principles – The agreed principles for the Oxfordshire community services strategy.
These are draft working documents
Please note that these are working documents in the process of development and so will continue to be reviewed and updated ahead of final publication and should not be considered to reflect the final approach which will be taken forward:
If you would like to give us feedback or suggestions relating to the draft documents on this page you can email the team:
Page last reviewed: 10 March, 2022