One in seven people have some form of disability. For some, this can impact their ability to access online content or services.
We use ReachDeck (formerly BrowseAloud) on our website to help make our online content accessible and usable to everyone.
The ReachDeck toolbar can be accessed via the headphones icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
The toolbar adds text-to-speech, reading and translation support to the Oxford Health website, providing you with instant access to assistive features. It allows website visitors to access content in the way that suits them best.
Toolbar features include:
- Text-to-Speech reads on-screen text out loud with read along highlighting
- Translation allows words to be translated into multiple languages
- Picture Dictionary displays word meaning through illustration
- MP3 maker converts online content into MP3 files for easy listening
- Screen Mask with reading pane reduces visual stress and improves focus
- Text Magnifier magnifies text and reads it out loud. This increases accessibility of even the smallest web text
- Webpage Simplifier creates a simplified view of a webpage and removes distracting content
Page last reviewed: 16 November, 2021