Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire
We are anticipating disruption to Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services in Bath and NE Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire as a result of the impact of Coronavirus.
Our priority is to minimise disruption as much as possible and to keep you updated and informed of any changes to service delivery.
If you are currently open to CAMHS or making a referral, please be aware of the following:
1. At present, we are offering face to face appointments for urgent and emergency referrals or existing children and young people on our caseload only (if these cannot be done over the phone or digitally).
2. We are conducting all other appointments digitally or over the phone.
3. There could be some temporary changes in how we deliver our services. For example, some of our patients may be seen by video call or over the phone instead of face to face. A clinician will contact you to update you on the situation and to plan for your circumstances. If you have any questions, please contact your care coordinator by phone.
4. You may also need to wait longer than normal for your appointment. We will try to keep you updated about this.
5. Please follow the latest Public Health Guidelines relating to managing suspected or confirmed symptoms of Covid 19. The latest guidance can be found here:
It is very important that you do not attend your appointment and instead contact us to reschedule if:
6. Parents and carers should use phone calls as the main way of communicating with us. Please avoid sending us paper referrals or correspondence. We can only accept online referrals from professionals.
7. Please also be aware of other resources that are available to help you:
From Virgin Care:
We have compiled a few helpful resources to support children and young people experiencing worries about coronavirus (COVID-19).
Watch the video, download the self-help sheet and visit the Young Minds website.
We are not allowing visitors to any of our hospital or inpatient sites in order to protect our patients and staff who care for them from the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
This is with effect from Monday 23 March 2020 until further notice.