Home icon

Need help now

Home icon

Let us help you get the information you need

In an emergency

If it’s an emergency and you need help now, dial 999.

This is if your life or the life of another child or young person is at immediate risk.

Need help fast

If you feel it’s not a 999 emergency, you can still dial 111 if you need help fast.

Do you feel at risk?

If you feel at risk to yourself or others you could go to the Accident & Emergency department at your local hospital. They will make a decision as to whether a referral to CAMHS may be helpful for you.

Can your doctor help?

Alternatively, you can contact your family doctor (GP). Outside normal surgery hours you can still phone your GP surgery, but you’ll usually be directed to an out-of-hours service. The out-of-hours period is from 6.30pm to 8.00am on weekdays and all day at weekends and on bank holidays.

Speak to an adult

You might find it easier to speak to your school health nurse, teacher, or a trusted adult who will make sure you get the help you need.

Contact us

For mental health issues, if you are 16 or 17 and live in Buckinghamshire, you can contact us yourself from Monday-Friday 08.00-18.00 on 01865 901951, to ask to be seen by your local Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS).

 Download our referral poster


Other support services

Other local support services you can contact:


Tel: 01296 331933

We provide advice and guidance to young people/families in all aspects of drug and or alcohol use.


Tel: 01494 461112

R-U-Safe? The service works with young people under the age of 18 to promote safety around child sexual exploitation, healthy relationships, reduce risky behaviour and increase self-worth and self-esteem.

 Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP)

To report anything concerning which may have happened while you, or someone you know, were surfing online, or for more information about CEOP please click on the CEOP link.

 Buckinghamshire Safeguarding Children’s Board

Tel:0845 4600001

If you are worried that you are, or another child is, being abused or neglected, there are people who can help. You can ring the First Response Team (during office hours: 9am – 5pm)

Out of Hours emergency number: 0800 999 7677

Buckinghamshire Family Information Service (BFIS)

Works together with families to make positive changes to their lives to prevent or reduce the need for services like children’s social care. Buckinghamshire Family Information Service (BFIS) aims to work with families before their problems become too difficult to manage. Referrals to this service can only be made by professionals such as health visitors, school or youth worker.

If it’s not a crisis, but you do need help, please see the How do I refer? or Useful links pages.

Last updated: 10 August, 2020

Coronavirus (COVID-19): We are not allowing visitors to any of our hospital or inpatient sites in order to protect our patients and staff who care for them from the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). This is with effect from Monday 23 March 2020 until further notice.