It can be tough trying new things and pushing ourselves out of our comfort zone but there is so much you can get from taking part!
- Meeting new people
- Increasing self-esteem and confidence
- Getting experience to add to your CV or job/college application forms
- Sense of purpose from helping others
- Sense of achievement from taking part
- Awarding of certificates or accreditation
- Opportunity to go on trips in the UK or sometimes abroad
You can volunteer doing all sorts of activities from Duke of Edinburgh, arts and crafts with younger children, running your own radio show or taking the elderly Christmas shopping. It doesn’t have to be a big time commitment either, you can volunteer as much as or as little as you like.
Volunteer at Bucks CAMHS
You can also volunteer with us at Buckinghamshire CAMHS by becoming part of our Article 12 Youth Forum. The group meet on a monthly basis and get involved with:
- Designing the CAMHS Website
- Filming and editing videos about mental health
- Raising awareness of mental health
- Interviewing new staff for CAMHS
- Public Speaking
- Deliver training to CAMHS and schools staff
- Art activities
- Team days
Article 12 CAMHS Youth Forum
As young people, your views are important to designing and improving our services. We have a Group called Article 12 who can help you do this!
Stuff to do in Bucks
We have come up with a number of things you can do in Buckinghamshire to volunteer or get involved in your community.
Walking With You
Last updated: 29 January, 2020