CAMHS Youth Forum were invited to present at the Emotional Wellbeing Conference this year at Green Park, Aston Clinton. The youth forum gave up their time to prepare a video and a resource for schools which shares the young people’s top tips on how schools can improve the support they offer to students around their mental health.
You can find the groups top tips below…
One of our forum members spoke bravely about her transgender journey which you can find below.
If you feel that more support could be offered to LGBT young people in your school, we hope this inspires you to suggest the following ideas to your school:
- Incorporate awareness of LGBT in PSHE lessons
- Hold an event for LGBT awareness week
- Talk about it in form times
- Make someone available to talk to students about it, if they want to
- Give advice to families if necessary, so they can start their understanding with guidance from you
Last updated: 20 March, 2018