Your safety is the most important thing.
You have the right to be safe, no matter who you are or what’s happening to you.
Safeguarding is about protecting you a child or young people from abuse or neglect:
- Keeping you safe from poor treatment
- Stopping things which harm your health and development
- Making sure you are growing up in a way that lets you get safe and effective care
If you are worried:
- Staff are always available and willing to talk with you about any concerns you have – all our staff have special training to help keep you safe
- Oxfordshire Safeguarding Children Board has some good tips for young people about how to keep you and your friends safe
- Childnet’s young people’s pages are all about how to stay safe on the web
- ThinkUKnow is a great site with information specially for young people: click on your age range to take you straight there: 5-7, 8-10, 11-13, or 14+
- ChildLine offers a free, confidential helpline for young people across the country on 0800 1111 – you can talk to their counsellors about any problem, and they are always there to help you sort things out
Last updated: 3 April, 2018