Home icon

Need help now

Home icon

We're here for you

Find out how to get help when you need it.

If you feel really desperate you could phone your GP out of hours, or if the emergency is life-threatening,  go to the Accident & Emergency department at your local hospital.

Alternatively, you can contact your family doctor (GP), school health nurse, teacher, or pharmacist, who will make sure you get the help you need.

For mental health issues, if you are 16 or 17 and live in Oxfordshire, you can contact us from Monday-Friday 09.00-17.00 without involving anyone else, to ask to be seen by your local Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS). Please don’t hesitate.

Either way, you will be offered the chance to meet us very soon, and we can agree the best help for you.

Other ways to get help

You can call Childline on 0800 1111 or visit their website at www.childline.org.uk

If it’s an emergency, phone 999. This is if your child’s life or the life of another child or young person is at immediate risk.

If it’s not a 999 emergency, you can dial 111 if you need help fast.

Do not use our online referrals form for urgent help.

If it’s not a crisis, but you do need help, please see the Referral page, or see Useful links under Helping yourself.

Last updated: 8 November, 2018