Welcome to CAMHS
In Swindon we provide a wide range of mental health services for children and young people (CAMHS) and community services.
Did you know?
One in ten young people has mental health difficulties during their childhood – that’s three children in your class.
What is CAMHS?
- CAMHS stands for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service
- We help children and young people up to 18 who are finding it hard to cope with everyday life because of difficult feelings, behaviour or relationships
- Most of the time when we are sad, angry, stressed or worried these feelings pass within a few days – but if they go on for a while and stop us enjoying and coping with life, then CAMHS can help
- Just as we go to the doctors when we are physically ill sometimes we need extra help with our mental health
- We are committed to providing services that are accessible to everyone
- Different people have different needs and we will always do whatever we can to make sure that these needs are met
Last updated: 28 August, 2018