In an emergency
Non-urgent advice: Access the help you need
If you, or someone you know has concerns about their immediate health, please see the information below to help you understand which service you need:
- What to do in an emergency
- Community Health Services (non-mental health)
- Mental Health Services for adults 18-65
- Mental Health Services aged 65 and over
- Mental Health Services for children and young people
If you are caring for someone under our mental health services, it is useful for you to know about Safe Haven.
Mental health helpline
Family, friends and carers can also call the Oxford Health Mental Health helpline for advice when their situation is not life threatening.
It operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week and supports people of all ages including children and older adults.
Non-urgent advice: Raising a concern
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service provides service users, their carers and families with help, information and support to resolve concerns quickly and efficiently.
- Information about PALS
- Phone: 0800 328 7971
- Email: PALS@oxfordhealth.nhs.uk
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 4.30pm
Page last reviewed: 13 January, 2023