Book a session
If you have Type 2 diabetes we want to hear from you and give you the inspiration and advice to live life to the full. It’s simple to join one of our free 140+ sessions a year.
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: 01869 604091 any weekday between 8.30am and 4.30pm.
You can also ask your GP or nurse to refer you to us if you don’t want to approach us first. Ask them to visit our clinicians tab.
Take a look at the courses available and please let us know if you have any special needs and we will do our best to help. We run 12 session a month at locations across the county. Find one that’s nearest to you.
Diabetes2gether is ideal for people who are newly diagnosed or who have never previously attended a diabetes education session.
Topics discussed include:
- Understanding diabetes and dispelling some common myths
- Why eating well and keeping active are a vital part of managing your diabetes
- Tips for healthy eating and being aware of which foods raise blood sugar levels
- Blood sugar monitoring and an overview of diabetes treatments
- Diabetes and driving (DVLA)
- Opportunity to discuss emotional wellbeing and adjusting to new diagnosis
- Explaining the importance of blood sugar levels, blood pressure and blood fats in
reducing your risk of long term complications
- Signposting to other relevant local supporting services
Diabetes4ward is a follow-on from Diabetes2gether but is also suitable for people who have not attended previous education, have had Type 2 diabetes for longer than one year and are on more complex diabetes medications, including insulin.
Topics discussed include:
- A recap of diabetes and the differences between Type 1 and 2 diabetes
- Looking at food choices, portion size and weight management
- What keeping active really means and overcoming obstacles to keeping active
- Looking at diabetes medications in more detail
- How to recognise and manage low blood sugar levels
- What to do if you are unwell
- The importance of your annual review, eye screening and looking after your feet
- Practical tips for reducing your risk of long-term complications
We offer 12 courses each month that take place at the locations across Oxfordshire and online via Microsoft Teams.
Click the links for directions. Each venue is on a bus route. They all have disabled access and parking either on site or nearby.
- Abingdon: Dry Sandford & Wootton Community Centre, Lamborough Hill, Wootton, Abingdon OX13 6DA
- Banbury: Waitrose Supermarket, Southam Road, Banbury, OX16 2FW
- Bicester: Littlebury Hotel, Kings End, Bicester OX26 6DR
- Chipping Norton: Chipping Norton Health Centre, Russell Way, Chipping Norton OX7 5FA
- Didcot: Civic Hall, Britwell Road, Didcot, OX11 7JN
- Faringdon: The White Horse Medical Practice, Volunteer Way, Faringdon SN7 7YU
- Henley: The Christ Church Centre, 46 Reading Road, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 1AG
- Kidlington: Baptist Church Hall, High Street, Kidlington, OX5 2DS
- Wallingford: Wallingford Hospital, Reading Road, Wallingford, OX10 9DU
- Wantage: Health Education Room, Church Street Practice, Mably Way, Wantage, OX12 9BN
- Witney: Windrush Health Centre, Welch Way, Witney, OX28 6JS
And if you’re not convinced our sessions can help you, here’s what some people who have attended them have said.
Page last reviewed: 15 January, 2021