Book a session
If you have Type 2 diabetes we want to hear from you and give you the inspiration and advice to live life to the full. It’s simple to join one of our free 72 sessions a year.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01865 903 380
- Hours: Weekdays, 9.00am and 5.00pm
You can also ask your GP or nurse to refer you to us if you don’t want to approach us first. Ask them to visit our clinicians tab.
Take a look at the courses available and please let us know if you have any special needs and we will do our best to help. We run 12 session a month at locations across the county. Find one that’s nearest to you.
Diabetes2gether is ideal for people who are newly diagnosed or who have never previously attended a diabetes education session.
Topics discussed include:
- Understanding diabetes and dispelling some common myths
- Why eating well and keeping active are a vital part of managing your diabetes
- Tips for healthy eating and being aware of which foods raise blood sugar levels
- Blood sugar monitoring and an overview of diabetes treatments
- Diabetes and driving (DVLA)
- Opportunity to discuss emotional wellbeing and adjusting to new diagnosis
- Explaining the importance of blood sugar levels, blood pressure and blood fats in
reducing your risk of long term complications
- Signposting to other relevant local supporting services
Diabetes4ward is a follow-on from Diabetes2gether but is also suitable for people who have not attended previous education, have had Type 2 diabetes for longer than one year and are on more complex diabetes medications, including insulin.
Topics discussed include:
- A recap of diabetes and the differences between Type 1 and 2 diabetes
- Looking at food choices, portion size and weight management
- What keeping active really means and overcoming obstacles to keeping active
- Looking at diabetes medications in more detail
- How to recognise and manage low blood sugar levels
- What to do if you are unwell
- The importance of your annual review, eye screening and looking after your feet
- Practical tips for reducing your risk of long-term complications
We offer 6 courses each month that take place at the locations across Oxfordshire and online via Microsoft Teams.
Click the links for directions. Each venue is on a bus route. They all have disabled access and parking either on site or nearby.
- Banbury: Longford Park Community Centre, Hobby Road, Bodicote, Banbury, OX15 4GJ
- Didcot: Civic Hall, Britwell Road, Didcot, OX11 7JN
- Oxford: Sandford Village Hall, Henley Road, Oxford, OX4 4YN
- Wallingford: Wallingford Sports Park, Hithercroft Road, Wallingford, OX10 9RB
- Witney: Burwell Hall, Thorney Leys, Witney, OX28 5NP
- Yarnton: Yarnton Village Hall, The Paddock, Yarnton, OX5 1TE
What they say
If you’re not convinced our sessions can help you, here’s what some people who have attended them have said.
“Absolutely superb, thank you. The session was a great help and motivation.”
“I found the session very useful, and now fully understand my condition and what I can do to help myself.”
“The course seemed to bring together many of the pieces of information I have learned along the way.”
“I feel I now have all the information I need – the rest is up to me!”
We are sorry you did not find this page helpful
Tell us how we can improve this page
Page last reviewed: 21 September, 2023