Cotswold House Oxford Community Service
Cotswold House Oxford accept referrals from Community Mental Health Teams (CMHTs)/ Recovery Teams, GPs, consultant psychiatrists and other eating disorder services. We are happy to assess individuals with a moderate to severe eating disorder and will work with them and their referrers to decide on the most appropriate treatment option.
We accept outpatient referrals for individuals aged 18 and above who fulfil one or more of the following criteria:
- Low body weight i.e. a Body Mass Index (BMI) of less than 18 usually as a result of rigid and purposeful dietary restriction and often a co-morbidity with low mood, depression or suicidal ideation (but not requiring immediate general hospital admission).
- Recent history of rapid weight loss e.g. more than 0.5 kg a week for 12 consecutive weeks or more, as a result of rigid and purposeful dietary restriction.
- Moderate binge eating, purging behaviours or self induced vomiting several times a week for three months or more. This may be indicated by low electrolyte levels, particularly potassium and calcium.
- Patients who have recently been discharged from inpatient services having made some improvement and now require support in the community.
A full written referral is required to include:
- recent details of eating disordered behaviour
- weight loss history
- presenting BMI
- current physical health including blood results
All referrals should be sent or faxed to us on 01865 738848
We aim to arrange assessments as soon as possible; often assessments are arranged within a few days of receiving the referral. After assessment, we will send the assessment report to the patient, GP and any other clinicians involved in treatment (if applicable), which will include recommendations for treatment. This could include day or inpatient treatment at Cotswold House Oxford.
We will contact the patient following the assessment to arrange their treatment appointments. If inpatient or day patient treatment is recommended, but we are do not have the capacity to offer these services immediately, we will look at outpatient support in the interim period.
If you wish to discuss a referral, please contact please contact Alison New on 01865 902315.
Last updated: 17 August, 2017