NHS dental charges
You may be required to pay a NHS dental charge for your treatment.
This will be explained to you at your assessment appointment.
Patients referred to the service for a course of treatment by an NHS general dental practitioner will be exempt from any payments, except if treatment with sedation is required.
You are exempt from paying dental charges if:
- You are under 18 years of age
- You are 18 years of age and in full time education
- You are pregnant
- You are currently in prison or a young offenders institution
Or if you receive any of the following benefits/allowances:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment & Support Allowance
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Universal Credit
Or if you have a valid HC2 Certificate or NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate/Card
If you have a valid HC3 Certificate then you may be eligible for reduced dental charges
Page last reviewed: 1 February, 2019