ECT Journal Club Webinars
The ECT Journal Club provides an opportunity for ECT practitioners to discuss new developments and share experiences in one online space at the same time. It is advertised on the ECTAS mailing list.
We will aim to run six webinars each year at 12.30pm, usually on the fourth Friday of the month, hosted using the web seminar software Webex.
Schedule & Recordings:
- Friday 27th March 2015 – ECT in treatment resistant schizophrenia unresponsive to clozapine
- 22nd May 2015 – Sackheim ECT
- 25th September 2015
- 27th November 2015
We will limit the total number of connections to 50 and operate a waiting list. Whole teams may want to attend together on one connection (see below).
How to register for the journal club
Register your interest in attending the ECT webinar series by emailing email@example.com. An invitation to the webinars, or an indication that you are on the waiting list, will be sent to the email address you use.
Once you have registered, you will receive an email with a blue hyperlink with a link to the webinar and several telephone numbers. Please select the ‘landline’ phone number rather than ‘freephone’. You will need to input the participant ID provided in the email. Please enter your, or your team’s, name in the appropriate box.
We recommend where possible, to attend 15mins in advance of each webinar session to check that your devices are connected and working properly. Please mute your connection during the presentation and you can unmute at the point you are asked to pose your question.
How your ECT team can attend as a team
You will need a screen or projector connected to a computer so that you can see any relevant content that presenters are sharing.
For a small group, the best way to manage the audio is by a phone with a loudspeaker. A purpose designed conference phone is even better. Whilst it is possible to use the computer’s speaker and microphone, and VOIP (voice over internet), this is rarely as clear. If you do want to do this, we suggest you set up bespoke external speakers and microphone so that everyone in your room can hear and be heard). In order to ask a question of the presenter, please submit this via the ‘chat’ option.
Once you have registered, you will receive an email with a blue hyperlink with a link to the webinar. There is also a telephone number if you are dialling in, please input the ID provided in the email. Please use a headset if you are using your computer for viewing and audio. In order to ask a question of the presenter, please submit this via the ‘chat’ option.
Tips for Webinars
Tips for getting started
- We strongly recommend you attend 15mins in advance of each webinar session to check that your devices are connected and working properly. The technology isn’t always perfect – please be patient!
- If you cannot get through, it sometimes works if you close the browser and start again.
- If you see a blue wheel that seems to get stuck rotating, look for the link to Run a temporary application and click this.
- Once in the webinar, the controls are on a tab in the middle at the top, or on the right hand edge.
- In order to prevent background noise, we need to mute all participants except the speaker. However, please also mute your own phone/microphone.
- Please enter your name in the box as the webinar is opening. It is then possible to identify you, and you will be able to contribute by audio to the discussion.
- Please use ‘Chat’ liberally to ask questions or make comments.
Contributing to the ECT Journal Club Webinars
If you would like to be part of a steering group, or have suggestions for articles which you would like to see discussed, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining the meeting
Please use the attached guide to set up your computer and join the meeting
Using an iPAD
Download the Webex app. Your inbuilt audio and camera should work.
Hosting and Funding
The ECT Journal Club is hosted by Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust with financial support from Health Education Thames Valley.
Last updated: 14 August, 2017