Frequently asked questions

Where can I find the full Freedom of Information Act?

You can find a full copy of the Act here.

How can information I obtain be re-used?

The material available through our Publication Scheme is subject to copyright unless otherwise indicated.

Material may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium, provided it is reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading manner. The Trust will indicate where it does not permit reproduction. Where this is the case please contact Mark Underwood, Head of Information Governance via email: to discuss further.

Where any of the copyright items in this scheme are being republished or copied to others, you must identify the source of the material and acknowledge the copyright status.

The publication scheme has some material that is the copyright of third parties, so you must obtain authorisation to reproduce such material from the copyright holders concerned.
More information can be found on the HMSO website.

How much does it cost to access information?

Most information we can provide will be provided at no cost, and we will in the main only charge you for hard copies or copying onto media (for example a CD ROM). If we do need to charge you for information the cost of this will vary depending on how the information is made available.

If information is accessed from the Trust website this will be provided free of charge. Any charges for an internet service provider and personal printing costs would have to be met by the  individual.

Requests for multiple printouts or archived copies of documents, which are no longer accessible or available on the website, may attract a charge for the retrieval, photocopying, postage etc.  We will let you know what costs and charges will have to be paid in advance.  We will not provide printouts of other organisations’ websites.

Leaflets and brochures are provided free of charge, and some of these can be found in the publications section of our website. “Glossy” or other bound paper copies, or CD or DVD ROMS, videos and other like mediums are charged at various rates. Please contact Mark Underwood, Head of Information Governance via email: for more information.
Any information that is emailed to you will be provided free of charge, although this will be reviewed regularly.

What is the Publication Scheme?

Our publication scheme is a complete guide to the information we routinely publish under the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and will help you to find:

  • Rights of access to information
  • Classes of information
    (information grouped in broad categories)
  • Copyright
  • Costs for information
  • Resources
    (bodies involved in the monitoring and/or inspection of our services)
  • FOI contacts

Information falling into the classes of FOI will be retained in line with our retention and disposal schedules, which comply with circular HSC1999/53 and Public Record Office Guidance.
Information required for historical purposes or permanent presentation is stored in a place of deposit approved by the Lord Chancellor for the purpose of holding public records.

What about patient confidentiality?

The FOI Act does not change the right of patients to protection of their patient confidentiality in accordance with Article 8 of the Human Rights Convention, the Data Protection Act and at common law.

Is any information exempt from being disclosed?

Some information that is of a personal and confidential nature or otherwise exempt under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or Data Protection Act 1998 will be excluded as will any other confidential material. This includes material relating to the health and safety of specific individuals. Law enforcement or criminal or regulatory enforcement or audit issues may also be excluded from publication. There may be circumstances where material cannot be released because an appropriate officer of the Trust has taken the view that it may be prejudicial to the conduct of public affairs.

Where can I find out more information about the registration of Trust services?

All this information can be found on our website under Registrations and Declarations.

Page last reviewed: 6 November, 2023