We want to work with the patients, families and carers who use our services, to make our services better.
The Taking Action from Patient Feedback Group is a key part of how we do this. (See our Patient Experience Strategy for more on how we plan to work with patients).
The group started started in 2013, and its members meet every other month for a 1.5 hour long meeting.
We currently pay £10 an hour for members of the public attending the meeting, as well as travel expenses to and from the meetings.
To be part of the this group, you need to:
- Recently used an Oxford Health service, or be interested in patient experience and involvement in health services
- Be willing to help
- Want to make a difference
- Be able to communicate with others.
There are other groups to be involved in too so please look at our Meet the Team pages for who to contact for more information.
Some examples of what this group has done include:
- Members of the group were part of the staff awards judging panel: their input led to the creation fo two new award categories at the annual staff awards
- Developed and implemented ‘Easy read’ terms of reference and meeting guidelines, to be used as a template for meetings attended by patients
- Developed video minutes for the meeting, to promote accessibility
- Supported services/websites to start using the ‘I Want Great Care‘ feedback tool: we’re now using this feedback to improve our services
- Helped develop the ‘Get Involved’ webpages
- Provided feedback about information handed out to patients/carers, resulting in changes to this information
- Reviewed and changed the trust’s reimbursement policy for patients/public/carers getting involved with the trust.
And much more!
Last updated: 27 February, 2018