Time to Get Involved!
We provide physical, mental health and social care for people of all ages across the Thames Valley, and we work with people at community bases, hospitals, clinics and in people’s homes.
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Interested in supporting staff and patients in a healthcare setting
- Caring and approachable
- Eager to make a difference
- Able to abide by policies and procedures in place to keep you and others safe
- Able to commit the volunteering role and requirements
- Over the age of 16 (18 for some roles)
You may want to use life skills you already have, or develop new skills through volunteering – we support both.
The one commitment that we do ask volunteers to make is that they follow our values and bring them to life through their behaviour.
Applying to be a volunteer:
- Check out the current roles available on our opportunities page.
- Complete an application form, clearly marking the role and location you are interested in.
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Volunteering Team, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust, Trust HQ, Warneford Hospital, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7JX.
- We will review your application form and invite you to an interview. We may also ask you to complete Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) paperwork if required for your role
- Once our other checks (references and DBS) have been completed, and you are successful at the interview, we will contact you to start your volunteering!
Because of the checks, the whole process can take between two and three months. Please email email@example.com if you would like an update in the meantime.
Last updated: 7 December, 2017