Join the library
Who can join the library?
Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust library service is the home library for the following NHS organisations:
- Student membership is available for students whilst on placement with the above organisations. Services to students are provided in accordance with the Library Charter for placement students.
- External Membership is available to other NHS staff, non-NHS health and social care staff, students not on placement and to patients, carers, and members of the public. Download and complete the form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org : Membership External 2018
Check the eligibility for services page to see which services you are entitled to access. A charge may be made for membership and additional fees will be levied for some services. There are no charges for reference only use of the library. For more information please see our service charges.
If you are unsure, please contact the library for clarification. For more information, expand the boxes below.
Core members (A)
Partner members (B)
Private partner members (C)
Patients, Carers, the Public and other External Members (E)
How do I register?
To join the library simply complete a library registration form (link at the top of the page) then send by email to email@example.com or hand it to a member of library staff along with ID*. Library registration forms are also available in all the Trust libraries. You can also scan and email or post the form to any of the libraries.Please read the Users Charter before you sign your registration form.
*All NHS staff are required to show suitable NHS ID before their membership can be activated. Proof of status is required for non-NHS applicants.
Once you have registered with the library, you may use any of the Trust libraries. Keep your SWIMS library card and also use it to access other SWIMS NHS libraries for basic services – loans, reference and enquiries.
All new library members are offered a short induction at their chosen library, which introduces them to the range of resources and services offered by the library, including:
- Registering with the library
- Finding the library catalogue
- Borrowing books and journals
- Registering for an athens username and password
- Accessing online journals and databases
- Enquiries, inter-library loans and training sessions
- Out of hours access to the library
This induction will be useful for new members and those who would like an update on new library resources.
Last updated: 15 April, 2020