Keep up to date
Keeping up to date is a huge challenge. Sign up to the bulletins of your choice to stay ahead.
Specialist News Bulletins for Primary Care Staff : The latest Primary Care bulletins are available from HEE after 13th May 2021 – contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Future-Proofing Primary Care – innovation, leadership, skill mix, telehealth, workforce planning
- Reshaping Clinical Care in Primary Care – dementia, long term conditions, older people, integrated care, safeguarding
To receive these bulletins by email click here and complete the online form.(You must be an Oxford Health NHS FT library member to receive the alerts by email – see Join the Library for further information)
Other useful bulletins
Workforce planning and redesign for primary care
About workforce development, education and training
- Education for Primary Care (an academic journal available through NHS OpenAthens)
- Health Education England News
- Leadership blog – from NHS Leadership Academy
- Medical Education Bulletin – a monthly round-up of articles, research, initiatives and policies compiled by the JET Library, MId Cheshire Hospitals NHS FT
Change and innovation in primary care
National bulletins for primary care
These services are targeted specifically at health professionals working in primary care:
- The CASH news service bulletins includes news, publications and research compiled by NHS library services. Find out here how to create an RSS feed on topics of your choice.
- GP online – latest news from the RCGP
- HealthWatch England News
- NHS England Bulletins: Bulletins for AHPs, dentists, GPs and practice team, healthcare leaders and pharmacists.
- Subscribe to the NHS Employers’ RSS news feed
- NICE Update for primary care – guidance and quality standards
- Pulse — news, opinion and CPD and from general practice
- Richard Lehman’s weekly review medical journals – a primary care ‘take’
- Primary Care Update from MacMillan Cancer Support
- Diabetes UK – news and updates for professionals
- Mental health – ebulletin from the Centre for Mental Health
- Mental Health – monthly newsletter from the Mental Health Foundation
- Public Health Bulletin – Fortnightly bulletin compiled by NHS libraries in Thames Valley and Wessex
Using new technologies
- Topol Review The Secretary of State for Health and Social Care commissioned The Topol Review: Preparing the healthcare workforce to deliver the digital future, as part of the draft health and care Workforce Strategy for England to 2027 – Facing the Facts, Shaping the Future. Published in February 2019 makes recommendations that will enable NHS staff to make the most of innovative technologies such as genomics, digital medicine, artificial intelligence and robotics to improve services.
- The Health Education England digital literacy project is about improving the digital capabilities of everyone working in health and social care. The Digital Capabilities Framework consists of six domains and the distinct capabilities that sit within each one. These capabilities are presented at four different levels ranging from basic to expert. The framework is for use by anyone working in health or care.
- Sign up for NHS England’s Digital transformation bulletin.
Be very selective; less is more
Why sign up to the Specialist News Bulletins for Primary Care Staff?
“To pick out relevant articles”
“A general broaden-your-horizon type thing”
“What interests me”
“I have to say that has revolutionised my reading in the fact that now I do some, and I am not swamped because … it’s taught me how to pick out what I want to read”
GP, Aylesbury Vale
“I get several alerts and this one adds a lot of value because of its breadth.”
Oxford Health Library user
Last updated: 14 May, 2021