Transforming general practice: what are the levers for change?
In its report Transforming General Practice, the Nuffield Trust argues that instead of using financial rewards, time should be devoted to developing new skills and working practices across the whole GP workforce, investing properly in equipping organisations to change and ensuring that better data is available to evaluate impact. There is also a brief review of literature on methods for supporting change in general practice and primary care.
- NHS Change Model provides a useful organising framework for sustainable change and transformation that delivers real benefits for patients and the public. It includes a PDF guide and a series of supporting diagnostic tools, including an action planning template and a key questions template for each component of the guide. The Change Model brings together what we know helps make change happen and who needs to be involved.
- Find out about organisational and personal change management, process, plans, change management and business development tips on the Business Balls website
- Change management – from Changing Minds – Understanding and managing change starts with what people think and feel. Find out more about how to make change happen. A reference resource.
- Take a look at some of the examples of change described in case studies in NHS Fab Stuff.
Two programmes from elearning for Health:
- The NHS Project and Change Academy programme is a suite of modules which aim to provide all NHS staff with a clear and consistent understanding of the fundamentals of project and change management activities, and to enable them to have a greater impact on delivering successful change.
- Leading Change, Adding Value: e-learning tool provides support to all nursing, midwifery and care staff to identify and address unwarranted variation in practice.
Following the death of a patient during a routine operation the Clinical Human Factors Group was established to enhance patient safety by combining human factors with an approach to change informed by improvement science. Watch a video by the bereaved husband and take a look at their learning resources and case studies.
Page last reviewed: 27 November, 2020