2020 GP – a vision of General Gractice
Published: 21 May, 2013
In this report the RCGP looks to the future of health care in the next decade – how it will change, and how general practice can help meet the challenges of this new era. Its action plan defines six ambitions for general practice, in partnership with stakeholders:
- Promote a greater understanding of generalist care and demonstrate its value to the health service
- Develop new generalist-led integrated services to deliver personalised, cost-effective care
- Expand the capacity of the general practice workforce to meet population and service needs
- Enhance the skills and flexibility of the general practice workforce to provide complex care
- Support the organisational development of community-based practices, teams and networks, to support flexible models of care
- Increase community-based academic activity to improve effectiveness, research and quality.
Read the accompanying Compendium of Evidence.
Last updated: 21 May, 2018