Managing workload in practice
Published: 26 May, 2015
Better Managing Workload to Deliver Safe Patient Care in practice
It’s a few months since the BMA issued guidance to help GPs ease their workload pressures and find more time for direct patient care.
Is this old news for your practice? In hand? Or in the pot for upcoming winter planning?
- Limit voluntary additional work, enhanced services or schemes which detract from core work
- Reducing clinical workload inappropriate for practices
- Work with patients to manage their conditions
- Engage with neighbouring practices to manage workload and share support systems
- New ways of working – implementing online appointment bookings and repeat prescription requests
Quality First: Managing Workload to Deliver Safe Patient Care (BMA January 2015) sets out practical steps that practices can take to address rising workloads. It is aimed at finding ways to free up GPs’ time for patient consultations by challenging “some of the inappropriate and unsustainable demand on practices.”
Last updated: 21 May, 2018