Military Veteran Aware Accreditation
Published: 6 August, 2018
GPs are signing up to become ‘veteran friendly’ under a new national scheme to improve medical care and treatment for former members of the armed services that has been backed by NHS England and the Royal College of GPs.
To become accredited, GP practices need to:
- have a lead for veterans’ issues within the surgery;
- identify and flag veterans on their computer system;
- undertake dedicated training and attend armed forces healthcare meetings;
- increase understanding of the health needs of veterans amongst both clinical and administrative staff.
Read more on the NHS England website.
- See the Veterans’ Health page for more learning resources
Last updated: 1 August, 2018