Shape of Caring Review – response from HEE
Published: 22 June, 2016
The Shape of Caring Review made 34 recommendations for HEE and the NMC on how nurse and care assistant education and training can be improved.
In its response and following national engagement, HEE has identified five priority areas to drive improvements in the quality of education and training of care assistants and nurses. These areas are:
1. Excellence in nursing practice
2. Valuing and developing the care assistant workforce.
3. Ensuring meaningful patient and public involvement
4. Flexibility in preregistration education
5. Standards for post registration education
Read more here.
A series of video animations has been created to explore some of the key themes of the Shape of Caring review. All four animations are available under Shape of Caring at the HEE YouTube channel.
Last updated: 29 January, 2018