The Frome model – Improving Lives, Preventing Unplanned Hospital Admissions
Published: 14 November, 2018
Learn from colleagues involved in the Mendip/Frome model to reduce admissions (read more about it here Br J Gen Pract 2018; 68 (676): e803-e810) at a one day conference organised by Health Connections Mendip. The event aimed at colleagues implementing new models of care and to all in primary and community care. It will focus on the ‘How To’ aspect of developing approaches that :
- Support people and communities to be empowered to manage their health and wellbeing through a range of evidence-based approaches
- Build on IT systems to enable sharing of data
- Improve co-ordination across primary, secondary and community services
- Support transitions of care so that discharge is effective
- Work closely with the Third Sector and build community capital
- Enhance individuals local network of support
- Engage a whole practice approach to enhance clinician wellbeing and improve working lives
The day aims to give a practical knowledge of how to work towards a similar model through quality improvement methodology and a clear understanding of the evidence base which demonstrates that this approach really does work.
The meeting will be held on 22 November, at Frome Medical Practice, Frome BA11 2FH
For more information and to register go to the Eventbrite website here.
Last updated: 14 November, 2018