Towards a new future for general practice, BMA September 2015
Published: 21 September, 2015
Responsive, safe and sustainable, Towards a new future for general practice.
Based on a survey of 15,560 GPs as well as patients and other stakeholders, this report presents the British Medical Association’s vision for general practice. It outlines five steps to meeting the aspirations, and responding to the concerns, of patients and their doctors:
- Developing new models for delivering care.
- Addressing the recruitment and retention crisis.
- Bridging the primary care funding gap.
- Modernising premises and infrastructure.
- Realising the potential benefits of IT and other technology.
Last updated: 21 May, 2018