Mental Wellbeing Resources: Health Information Week 2020
High quality health information can have a huge impact on people’s ability to stay healthy and manage illnesses effectively, giving them a better quality of life.
More trusted resources available to support mental wellbeing:
Covid-19 specific resources
- Every Mind Matters, 10 tips to help if you are worried about coronavirus: uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/coronavirus-covid-19-anxiety-tips/
- Every Mind Matters, Mental wellbeing while staying at home: uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/coronavirus-covid-19-staying-at-home-tips/
- UK, Guidance for the public on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of COVID 19: gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-for-the-public-on-mental-health-and-wellbeing/guidance-for-the-public-on-the-mental-health-and-wellbeing-aspects-of-coronavirus-covid-19
- NHS Employers, Health, safety and wellbeing: org/covid19/health-safety-and-wellbeing
General mental health resources
- Blurt, Mental Health Toolkit: org/resource/mental-health-toolkit
- Bupa, Mental Health: co.uk/health-information/mental-health
- Marie Curie, Bereavement Support: org.uk/help/support/bereaved-family-friends
- Mental Health Foundation Publications: org.uk/publications
- Mind, Information and Support: org.uk/information-support
- Reading Well for Mental Health: reading-well.org.uk/books/books-on-prescription/mental-health
- Reading Well for Young People’s Mental Health: reading-well.org.uk/books/books-on-prescription/young-people-mental-health
- Rethink Mental Illness, Advice and Information: org/aboutus/what-we-do/advice-and-information-service
- Royal College of Psychiatrists, Mental health resources: ac.uk/mental-health
General wellbeing and mindfulness resources
- Action for Happiness: org
- Living Life to the Full, free online courses covering low mood, stress and resiliency: com
- Mindfulness Awareness Research Centre: org/mindfulness-awareness-research-center-at-ucla
- NHS, 5 Steps to mental wellbeing: uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/improve-mental-wellbeing/
- NHS, Mindfulness: uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/mindfulness
- Calm: com. Promoting sleep and meditation
- Catch It: ac.uk/csd/app-directory/catch-it. Learn to look at problems differently, turn negative thoughts into positive ones and improve your mental wellbeing.
- Worry Tree: worry-tree.com. Notice, record and manage worries using cognitive behavioural therapy techniques.
- MeeTwo: co.uk. A safe and secure forum for teenagers wanting to discuss any issue affecting their lives.
- Calm Harm: co.uk. Designed to help people resist or manage the urge to self-harm.
Last updated: 15 July, 2020