Literature Searching Guides
The library can conduct literature searches for library members, if you cannot access the databases you need or have insufficient time to do your own search. This service is not available to students, although help in searching databases will be offered. If you would like to request a literature search, please see further details on the Literature Searching page.
See below for online guides and help with searching:
- NEW! STEPs e learning for healthcare literature searching modules https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/literature-searching/
- Literature Searching Protocols February 2016
- Literature Searching Protocols Appendix February 2016
- Search strategy template
- HDAS Advanced Search
- NHS Evidence Introductory Guide to Searching
- Literature Searching demonstration (e-learning guide produced by RBH Library)
- Enquiries: to ask a librarian for advice or assistance;
- Training Courses: for librarian delivered courses, available on demand to assist with planning and carrying out literature searches.
Literature Searching Protocols-developed in partnership with the Thames Valley Research & Development Network – maintained by healthcare librarians in South Central. Supporting NHS researchers in carrying out effective literature searches.
Last updated: 9 January, 2018