- People with experience of memory problems, and their carers, are invited to take part in involvement and feedback groups at our Brain Health Centre, to shape the research we do.
- March – June 2019: Dementia Carers Count is running two FREE three-day residential dementia carers support courses for the family members / carers of people living with young onset dementia. Various dates and locations. For more information Course Dates & Venues – Dementia Carers Count
- May 1-31: the Age of Creativity Festival celebrates age-friendly creative and cultural events across the country. Voluntary Arts | Age of Creativity Festival
- May 20 – 26: Dementia Action Week Dementia Action Week 2019 | Alzheimer’s Society
- May 21-22: Alzheimer’s Society Annual Conference, Alzheimer’s Society Annual Conference | Alzheimer’s Society
- May 24: Celebrating Arts for Dementia sharing event at Banbury Museum, Spiceball Park Road, Banbury, OX16 2PQ from 2pm to 4pm. For anyone interested in learning more about the impact of participation in creative activities for people living with Dementia and their carers. Keynote speakers Maria Parsons (CEO –Creative Dementia Arts Network), Karey Morley (Reminiscence Officer Banbury Museum) and Dementia Oxfordshire will share their insights. Refreshments will be served. No booking required
- September 14: Oxford Health Foundation Trust Healthfest, Warneford Hospital.
All year round:
- Arts 4 Dementia: art events to empower people affect d by dementia. Mostly around London.
- Carers Buckinghamshire: training and social events
- Carers Oxfordshire: training and social events
- Creative Dementia Arts Network (CDAN)– network helping artists, arts organisations and arts venues to adapt their work for people with dementia and their carers. Also host their own events.
- Dementia-friendly Reminiscence Coffee Mornings, every other month at Buckingham library. More information at Reminiscence coffee morning | Buckinghamshire County Council
- Lights Up:free art-based sessions for people with dementia, their families, friends and carers. In Chipping Norton and Carterton.
- Oxfordshire Age Friendly Cultural Network (OAFCN) newsletter: provides information on local and national arts-based resources and events. Email Helen Fountain, age friendly cultural coordinator at Age UK Oxfordshire, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 17 May, 2019