- People with experience of memory problems, and their carers, are invited to take part in involvement and feedback groups at our Brain Health Centre, to shape the research we do.
February: 12-week group for carers of people with dementia who are experiencing stress and low mood. More information at CBT for Carers Group February 2019 | TalkingSpace Plus
February 25: Bucks Adult and Older Adults Mental Health Carers Event for carers and staff, 9am– 1.30pm, Conference Room, Whiteleaf Centre Aylesbury. More details and how to book a place to be available shortly.
March 19: Government Event conference, Dementia 2019: Delivering intervention-led, personalised and outcome-focused care, London, The National Dementia Care Conference 2019
May 21-22: Alzheimer’s Society Annual Conference, Alzheimer’s Society Annual Conference | Alzheimer’s Society
September 14: Oxford Health Foundation Trust Healthfest, Warneford Hospital.
November 5– 7 2019: The Journal of Dementia Care UK Dementia Conference 2019 will be held at Doncaster Racecourse. Workshops, talks, stands and events and reduced rates for people living with dementia, carers and students. More information at UKDC 2019
All year round:
- Lights Up:free art-based sessions for people with dementia, their families, friends and carers. In Chipping Norton and Carterton
- Arts 4 Dementia: art events to empower people affect d by dementia. Mostly around London.
- Carers Oxfordshire: training and social events
- Carers Buckinghamshire: training and social events
- Creative Dementia Arts Network (CDAN)– network helping artists, arts organisations and arts venues to adapt their work for people with dementia and their carers. Also host their own events.
- Dementia-friendly Reminiscence Coffee Mornings, every other month at Buckingham library. More information at Reminiscence coffee morning | Buckinghamshire County Council
Last updated: 14 January, 2019