- People with experience of memory problems, and their carers, are invited to take part in involvement and feedback groups at our Brain Health Centre, to shape the research we do.
- Jan 14 2020 (Oxford) Understanding the experiences of people living with dementia: keeping well
- Feb – July 2020: Dementia Carers Count is running two FREE three-day residential dementia carers support courses for the family members / carers of people living with young onset dementia. Various dates and locations. For more information Course Dates & Venues – Dementia Carers Count
- May 11 – 17: Dementia Action Week Dementia Action Week 2020 | Alzheimer’s Society
- May 18 – 19: Alzheimer’s Society Annual Conference, Alzheimer’s Society Annual Conference | Alzheimer’s Society
All year round:
- Arts 4 Dementia: art events to empower people affect d by dementia. Mostly around London.
- Carers Buckinghamshire: training and social events
- Carers Oxfordshire: training and social events
- Creative Dementia Arts Network (CDAN)– network helping artists, arts organisations and arts venues to adapt their work for people with dementia and their carers. Also host their own events.
- Dementia-friendly Reminiscence Coffee Mornings, every other month at Buckingham library. More information at Reminiscence coffee morning | Buckinghamshire County Council
- Lights Up:free art-based sessions for people with dementia, their families, friends and carers. In Chipping Norton, Carterton and Witney.
- Bucks Mind Older Adults service (Chesham and Prestwood) – small group setting providing support, fun, companionship and stimulating activities in a friendly environment giving carers a few hours respite. Lunch is provided.
- Oxfordshire Age Friendly Cultural Network (OAFCN) newsletter: provides information on local and national arts-based resources and events. Email Helen Fountain, age friendly cultural coordinator at Age UK Oxfordshire, on email@example.com.
- Dementia Friends. Become a Dementia Friend. Learn more about what it is like to live with dementia and turn that understanding into action
Last updated: 30 December, 2019