- People with experience of memory problems, and their carers, are invited to take part in involvement and feedback groups at our Brain Health Centre, to shape the research we do.
- March – June 2019: Dementia Carers Count is running two FREE three-day residential dementia carers support courses for the family members / carers of people living with young onset dementia. Various dates and locations. For more information Course Dates & Venues – Dementia Carers Count
- March 22: Rare Dementia Support are holding their Frontotemporal Dementia Annual Seminar. Venue: London. Free for carers. For more information: https://www.youngdementiauk.org/sites/default/files/FTDSG%20Annual%20Seminar%20Advert%202019.pdf
- April 8: Free online course, Dementia Care: Staying Connected and Living Well . Designed for carers by researchers from Newcastle University the three week course aims to help carers of people with advancing dementia to feel prepared and supported towards end of life. More information at https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/dementia-care
- May 1-31: the Age of Creativity Festival celebrates age-friendly creative and cultural events across the country. Voluntary Arts | Age of Creativity Festival
- May 20 – 26: Dementia Action Week Dementia Action Week 2019 | Alzheimer’s Society
- May 21-22: Alzheimer’s Society Annual Conference, Alzheimer’s Society Annual Conference | Alzheimer’s Society
- September 14: Oxford Health Foundation Trust Healthfest, Warneford Hospital.
All year round:
- Arts 4 Dementia: art events to empower people affect d by dementia. Mostly around London.
- Carers Buckinghamshire: training and social events
- Carers Oxfordshire: training and social events
- Creative Dementia Arts Network (CDAN)– network helping artists, arts organisations and arts venues to adapt their work for people with dementia and their carers. Also host their own events.
- Dementia-friendly Reminiscence Coffee Mornings, every other month at Buckingham library. More information at Reminiscence coffee morning | Buckinghamshire County Council
- Lights Up:free art-based sessions for people with dementia, their families, friends and carers. In Chipping Norton and Carterton.
- Oxfordshire Age Friendly Cultural Network (OAFCN) newsletter: provides information on local and national arts-based resources and events. Email Helen Fountain, age friendly cultural coordinator at Age UK Oxfordshire, on email@example.com.
Last updated: 20 March, 2019