Staff Recognition Awards 2018
A galaxy of stars from Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust have been honoured for their exceptional care, values and performance in the 2018 Staff Recognition Awards.
More than 100 people attended, including staff representing areas of the trust – from Wiltshire, Buckinghamshire to Oxfordshire – who were joined by friends, family and senior trust executives in a special ceremony on 29 November.
Awards were made in 11 categories celebrating the caring, safe and excellent service being delivered each day by dedicated individuals and teams.
Trust chief executive Stuart Bell CBE told the audience at the Kassam Stadium, Oxford, of his gratitude and pride in being part of such an ‘incredible’ Trust family.
He said: “I want to thank you all because you are truly outstanding people.
“The trust vision says outstanding care delivered by people. Well you are all here tonight and anybody who has been nominated for these awards is, I believe, outstanding.
“You’ve heard what you and your colleagues have been doing over course of the past year and why these awards have been given.
“It’s absolutely fantastic and I am so proud to be part of the same team as you and I am so grateful for what you do. Thank you so much.”
It was the fourth year of the awards. Each one of the trust’s 6,000-plus staff members had a chance to nominate a team or colleague for special recognition, whether that was being in the forefront of innovation, demonstrating exemplary care, compassion and understanding, or going above and beyond all expectations.
Of the 11 awards one category – Improving Patient Experience – was dedicated to patients’ and service users’ experiences of their treatment with the Trust.
Three new categories recognised volunteers for their unstinting commitment, newly qualified nurses and those who help promote equality and diversity.
Winners received an engraved glass trophy, vouchers (£100 individual, £200 team) and a certificate from Mr Bell and Trust chairman Martin Howell, who will be retiring in March 2019. Master of ceremonies was HR Director Tim Boylin.
I want to thank you all because you are truly outstanding people. The trust vision says outstanding care delivered by people. Well you are all here tonight and anybody who has been nominated for these awards is, I believe, outstanding.
Stuart Bell CBE
Roll of Honour
Delivering Care Award
Senior Community Nurse
Oxford City Community Learning Disability Team
- Shona Reed-Purvis, Systemic and Family Psychotherapist, The Clockhouse, Abingdon
Physiotherapy Technical Instructor
Witney Community Hosptial
- Kimberley Ashwin, Mental Health Liaison Nurse The Slade, Oxford
- Catherine Sage, Service Manager, Littlemore Mental Health Centre
Recognising Excellence and Innovation Award
Abbey Ward Therapy Team
Abingdon Community Hospital
- Julie Beardmore, Patient Flow Lead, Abingdon Community Hospital
Teamwork Award (Clinical)
CAMHS OXON OSCA and Crisis Team
Raglan House, Oxford
- Ruby Ward, The Whiteleaf Centre, Aylesbury
- Care Home Support Service (CHSS), Windrush House, Witney
Teamwork Award (Non-Clinical)
Urgent and Ambulatory Care
- House Keeping Team, Opal Ward, The Whiteleaf Centre, Aylesbury
- Apprenticeship and Development Team, Unipart House, Oxford
Clinical and Professional Development Manager
Learning and Development
- Alison Murray and Nilam Patel, The Whiteleaf Centre, Aylesbury
- Rebecca Kelly, Trust Professional Lead Occupational Therapist, Warneford Hospital, Oxford
Living the Values Award
Health Care Assistant, Vaughan Thomas Ward,
Warneford Hospital, Oxford
- Diane Cloutman, Domestic Assistant, Abingdon Community Hospital OSRU
- David Frew, Driver Receptionist, Witney GP Out of Hours service
A Warneford Hospital worker
who does not wish to be publicly identified
- Learning Disability Physiotherapy Team, Banbury
- Louis Headley, Oxfordshire CAMHS Participation Lead, Raglan House
Volunteer of the Year
Peer Support Trainees
AMHT Wards, Oxfordshire
- Diane Barton, Bicester Community Hospital Volunteer
Volunteer of the Year
Voluntary Therapy Dog Handler,
Littlemore Mental Health Unit, Oxford
Staff Nurse, Amber Ward, Whiteleaf Centre, Aylesbury
- Dennis Nguu, Vaughan Thomas Ward, Warneford Hospital, Oxford
- Goodwin Ngulube, Staff Nurse, Marlborough House, Milton Keynes
Improving Patient Experience Award
Deputy Team Manager, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, Melksham, Wiltshire
- Cotswold House, Warneford, Oxford
- Miriam Garcia, Occupational Therapist Cotswold House, Oxford
We are sorry you did not find this page helpful
Tell us how we can improve this page