Buckinghamshire Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Board (BSVAB) would like to invite you to a day for Informal Carers and Service Users about the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults from being abused.
When: 7th November 2012, 10am – 3pm
Where: GreenPark Conference Cente,Stablebridge Road, Aston Clinton, Bucks, HP22 5NE
Lunch and other refreshments will be provided.
There will be the following sessions to attend, each will happen twice at different times so everyone will have opportunity to attend them all.
There will also be lots of information available to collect and opportunity to ask questions and make comments!
The sessions will be:
- What is safeguarding adults? Why are people vulnerable, to what and who from?
- Keeping yourself safe. Skills in becoming less vulnerable and knowing the rights you have to be treated respectfully and with dignity.
- Services available to carers and service users in Buckinghamshire to ensure they are safeguarded.
- Being part of a safer community.
- Capacity and Safeguarding Adults. Thinking about best interest and unwise decision.
We have a limited budget, but we will endeavour to meet special requests at the venue where possible. Please note, there are only a maximum of 40 places available. To book please completed the section below (please print) and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to BSVAB at the address above.
Do not assume you have a place on this event until you receive a formal confirmation.