Invitation: Apply now to join our Youth Board
If you are aged 12 to 21 and live or study in Oxfordshire, apply today and help shape the future
Oxford Health is inviting applications for young people aged 12-21 in Oxfordshire to become involved in our first ever Youth Board.
Already around 40 young people in the county, who have an interest in health and wellbeing, have put themselves forward for selection for the 16 places available.
By becoming a member of the Youth Board, young people will have an opportunity to help shape the way in which mental health services are delivered and provide a forum to share insights and views.
Candidates have applied directly with our project partners Unloc and will go forward for a selection process involving a range of Oxford Health teams, including our patient experience groups, Oxford Health Charity and colleagues from our mental health services for children and young people.
If you or a young person you know would like to be considered, please apply now
What is the Youth Board?
- A way for young people (aged 12-21) in Oxfordshire to share their thoughts and experiences on key issues with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- Share your ideas & help design Mental Health & Wellbeing events that will be shared with local schools, colleges & youth groups over 2021-22.
- Have your say on various topics & work together with your local NHS Trust to make change happen.
- Identify what can be done to better support young people’s health & wellbeing locally.
What do I get out of being a member of the Youth Board?
- Meet other committed Young People from across Oxfordshire.
- Opportunities to influence decision making within Oxford Health & see actions as the outcome of your feedback, ideas and opinions.
- See how Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust operates and potential career paths with Oxford Health.
- Show your commitment and skills on your CV or UCAS.
Youth board meetings
- These will take place on Wednesdays, between 4pm and 6pm via Zoom.
- The meeting schedule is December 1, January 19, February 16, March 30, May 4, June 15 plus a summer celebration event in July.
If you have any questions, please contact our Youth Board co-ordinator Larissa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: 19 November 2021