We are looking for candidates for peer support worker (PSW) training places in:
- Service User Network for people with Personality Disorders (SUN)
- First Episode Rapid Early Intervention for Eating Disorders (FREED)
- Brand new Rehabilitation team (within the Adult Mental Health team with complex psychosis service users
- Safe Haven (crisis support service)
- Sapphire Ward (male inpatient ward)
- Chiltern Adult Mental Health Team
- Perinatal mental health services
Peer support workers are people who have lived experience of mental health challenges themselves. They use these experiences and empathy to support other people and their families receiving mental health services, working alongside our multidisciplinary care team.
Applications close at 5pm on March 17, so don’t miss this chance to get involved.
Successful candidates will attend a 12-day training programme. You will also have a volunteer placement within one of the teams listed above. Once a peer support worker has passed the training and a placement as a volunteer, there will be a chance to follow a recruitment process for a paid role.
Please be aware that due to government guidelines, you will have to be COVID-19 vaccinated in order to work in the NHS in a patient facing role. If you have any concerns or want to discuss further, please contact Tycen Clarke or Charlotte Proud on the contact details provided below.
For more information and to request the application form, please contact:
Tycen Clarke, Senior Peer Support Worker on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07881 330 863
Charlotte Proud, Peer Support Coordinator on email@example.com or 07467 008 288
We are sorry you did not find this page helpful
Tell us how we can improve this page
Published: 8 March 2022