The 2019 Staff Recognition Awards finalists announced
Find out which of our valued staff and teams have been shortlisted
The nominations have been scrutinised, judging has taken place and today we can reveal the people and teams who have been shortlisted for the 2019 Staff Recognition Awards.
The event is a highlight of the Oxford Health calendar, showcasing our most caring, inspirational and dedicated staff and volunteers and demonstrating just what a difference they make to our patients, their families, carers and, of course, their colleagues.
For many, being nominated is considered highly prized and a win a career highlight.
This year more than 370 people and teams were put forward in 11 categories by staff and members of the public.
On Tuesday, December 3, around 200 people – including the 34 category finalists and winners of this year’s Exceptional People Awards – will gather at the Kassam Stadium, Oxford, for a glittering presentation ceremony.
Chief Executive Stuart Bell and Trust Chair David Walker will lead a team of director presenters announcing this year’s winners – each of whom will receive a certificate and prize, £100 for individuals and £200 for teams.
There will also be a tombola at the end of the ceremony in aid of Oxford Health Charity – which raised around £300,000 this year to support patient, staff and carer experience including the highly successful Creating With Care programme in community hospitals. Attendees are asked to bring along some cash on the night to buy tickets. Prizes include John Lewis gift vouchers, an Avon hamper, Warneford apple juice, jewellery, books and festive foods and goodies.
People are invited to follow Tuesday’s ceremony on social media by following our hashtag #OHFTAwards19. Post, like, share and join the conversation!
Delivering Care Award finalists
to be presented by Managing Director of Mental Health Debbie Richards
- North Bucks Older Adults Community Mental Health Team
- Megan Quinton Social Worker, Adult Mental Health Treatment & Assessment Team North, Elms Centre, Banbury
- Charlotte Cousins Speech & Language Therapy Technical Instructor, Children’s Integrated Therapy Service, Deer Park Medical Centre, Witney
Safe Award finalists
to be presented by Director of Estates and Facilities Claire Dalley
- Alison Hearnden Deputy Team Manager, Oxon Central CAMHS, Raglan House, Oxford
- Lorna McGuigan Clinical Nurse Lead, Marlborough House Adolescent Unit, Swindon
- Jane Kershaw Head of Quality Governance, Nursing and Clinical Standards, Littlemore Mental Health Centre, Oxford
Recognising Excellence & Innovation Award
to be presented by Director of Strategy & Chief Information Officer Martyn Ward
- IAPT Digital Team Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire
- SPPOT Specialist Paramedic, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Team, Community Services
- Carol Duncombe, Service Manager Community Hospitals, Oxfordshire
Team Work (clinical) Award
to be presented by Chief Nurse Marie Crofts
- Getting Help Team Melksham Community Hospital
- Highfield Unit Nursing & HCA Team Highfield Unit, Warneford Hospital, Oxford
- OSRU Occupational Therapy & Physiotherapy Team Oxfordshire Stroke Rehabilitation Unit, Abingdon Community Hospital
Team Work (non-clinical) Award
to be presented by Director of Finance Mike McEnaney
- Learning & Development Team Unipart House, Oxford
- Healthy Minds Newsletter Team Prospect House & Peach Tree House, Buckinghamshire
- Central Oxfordshire CAMHS Admin Team Raglan House, Oxford
to be presented by Trust Chair David Walker
- Healthy Minds Bucks Wellbeing Team Prospect House & Peach Tree House, Buckinghamshire
- Marta Kepska Administrator, Adult Mental Health Assessment & Treatment Team North, The Elms Centre, Banbury
- Megan Wale Operational Lead Attachment & Vulnerable YP Pathway, CAMHS Community Services (Bucks)
Living The Values Award
to be presented by Chief Executive Stuart Bell CBE
- Emma Hawk Deputy Ward Manager, Sandford Ward, Fulbrook Centre, Oxford
- Chris Willis Gardener, Estates & Facilities, Littlemore
- Dr Euan Mackenzie Urgent Care GP, Out of Hours Service, Abingdon Community Hospital
to be co-presented by Oxfordshire Community Services Director Emma Leaver and Head of Inclusion Mo Patel
- Wintle Ward Warneford Hospital, Oxford
- Andrea Savidge Community Staff Nurse, School Nursing Service, East Oxford Community Health Centre, Oxford
- Georgina Boyling Behavioural Healthcare Assistant, Learning Disabilities Service, Slade House, Oxford
Volunteer of the Year Award
to be presented by Director of Corporate Affairs & Trust Secretary Kerry Rodgers
- Steve Cook Abingdon Communty Hospital
- Charles Russell Abingdon Community Hospital
- Valerie Sullivan Bicester Community Hospital
- Rachel Woods Chaplaincy Volunteer, Abingdon Community Hospital
to be presented by Director of Education & Development Helen Green
- Bethany Boddy Health Visitor, East Street Children’s Centre, Banbury
- Andrew Wood Clinical Research Lead, Vaughan Thomas Ward, Warneford Hospital, Oxford
- Rebecca Walker Community Psychiatric Nurse, Early Intervention Service, Warneford Hospital, Oxford
Improving Patient Experience Award
to be presented by Medical Director Mark Hancock
- Bucks Community Eating Disorder Service Whiteleaf Centre, Ayelsbury
- Carey Gurd Clinical Team Manager & Care Co-ordinator Swindon CAMHS, Marlborough House, Swindon
- Jackie Sangan Nursery Nurse, Oxfordshire Perinatal Mental Health Service, Abel House, Oxford
The Staff Recognition Awards are organised by the Health and Wellbeing team and supported by a host of contributors and volunteers – including Sara Bolton, Jill Castle, Heather Daw, Victoria Drew, Liz Herbert, Lynne Hill, Vanessa Odlin, Sandra Smith and the Communications Team.
Exceptional People Awards
Director of Communications Lorcan O’Neill and Lead Governor Chris Roberts will acknowledge those people in all areas of the trust who have been nominated by colleagues and won this coveted monthly honour.
DECEMBER 2018: Sarah Bone Assistant Psychologist, Oxon CAMHS Community Services
JANUARY 2019: Emily Leake Emergency Nurse Practitioner, Minor Injuries Unit, Abingdon
FEBRUARY 2019: Kirsty Smith PEACE Project & Training, Manager, Warneford
MARCH 2019: Jemma Smolicz Support Worker, Community Eating Disorder Team, Cotswold House, Marlborough
APRIL 2018: Cathy Lucock Community Psychiatric Nurse, Manzil Way, East Oxford
MAY 2019: Pauline Scully Retired Deputy Chief Operating Officer
JUNE 2019: Richard Ashton IT Support Analyst, IM&T team Littlemore
JULY: 2019 Emma Topham Speech & Language Therapist, Deer Park Medical Centre, Witney
AUGUST 2019: Rachel Caira Emergency Nurse Practitioner, Minor Injuries Unit, Abingdon Hospital
SEPTEMBER 2019: Annie Farrelly Clinical Nurse Specialist & Deputy Manager for Oxon CAMHS Eating Disorder Service
OCTOBER 2019: Steven Excell Health Care Assistant, Abingdon Hospital
NOVEMBER 2019: Phil Bedwell Clinical Lead, Minor Injuries Unit, Abingdon Hospital
We are sorry you did not find this page helpful
Tell us how we can improve this page
Published: 29 November 2019