Diagnosing clinic Disparities in Specialist Dental Services
Objectives and concerns
There are number of specialist dental clinics that run services across Oxfordshire, in 2016 a new clinic was opened in Kidlington to help cope with the demand of the central clinic in East Oxford just 7.4 miles away. However three years later there remains disparity in the referrals between the Kidlington and East Oxford clinics. The objective of the project is to undertake a piece of diagnosis work to examine why there continues to be such differences between the clinics considering their geographical closeness.
The objective of the project is to undertake a piece of diagnosis work to examine why there continues to be such differences between the clinics considering their geographical closeness
• Look at in further depth the variation identified in the triaging process.
• Set an aim and create a driver diagram to identify change ideas.
Non-urgent advice: Further information
Local project leads
- Dr Mark Taylor, Lead Clinician Special Care Dentistry
- Sarah Buckingham, Specialist in Special Care Dentistry
- Karen McCaul, Lead Referral & Performance Coordinator
QI project support
- Hayley Trueman, Improvement Lead
- Helen Hunt, Senior Improvement Lead
Page last reviewed: 6 December, 2021