Oxfordshire Mind run a wide range of services for anyone over the age of 16 looking to improve or maintain their wellbeing and mental health.
Over 50 free and open peer support groups for people with a shared experience of mental health problems.
Free short courses and workshops to help build coping skills.
- Practical Ways to Wellbeing
- Assertiveness and Communication Skills
- Managing Stress
- Managing Strong Emotions
- Understanding Self Esteem
Expert benefits advice, for those with a mental health problem, we can advise on any aspect of welfare benefits whatever your circumstances.
Physical activity and wellbeing service, including fitness sessions and short courses all over Oxfordshire helping everyone to access the exercise that’s right for them – from children and young people to the over 65’s.
Information and signposting to a range of mental health and community -based services for people living in Oxfordshire.
Accessing Wellbeing service
- Contact the Information Line run by Oxfordshire Mind: 01865 247 788. Open Monday to Thursday, 9:30am to 4:30pm, Friday 9:30am to 4:00pm closed bank holidays.
- Email: email@example.com
If the Information Line is busy during the opening hours, please leave a voicemail and they will aim to call back on the same working day. They will not leave a message without your permission.
What to expect
When you are looking for support or wish to access the Wellbeing service, you will first receive an Options session. This session is delivered by a trained Wellbeing Service Worker from Oxfordshire Mind.
The Options session lasts around 25 minutes, either over the telephone or in person and is an opportunity to discuss your mental health and wellbeing, and help you to find the right support. During the session they will:
- Take some personal information
- Talk about your mental health and wellbeing
- Complete a brief wellbeing questionnaire
- Provide information about relevant services, which include support you to book a place on a coping skills course or workshop
- Arrange a follow up call with you to review your wellbeing and discuss any steps taken
Sessions are confidential and free. The team are there to help you decide what is best for you.
More information on the Wellbeing service can be found on the Oxfordshire Mind website: www.oxfordshiremind.org.uk
Page last reviewed: 24 April, 2023