Opportunity to join our steering group
What research priorities do you think are important in district nursing?
We are developing a new project to identify what research priorities are important in district nursing. We are looking for a patient and a carer to join our project steering group.
The project is a collaboration between Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust, Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust, Kent Community Health NHS Trust and Northumbria Healthcare NHS Trust.
The steering group will oversee the research project. It will meet up to 4 times a year, in Birmingham, Leicester, London or Oxford. Meetings will usually last 2 hours.
Being a patient or carer (‘lay’) member of the steering group will involve providing input based upon your direct experience of district nursing services.
You will be asked to attend steering group meetings, read project documents, and contribute to discussions on the oversight and progress of the research. There will also be the opportunity to get involved in other activities, depending on your interests.
We are looking for two lay members for the steering group who:
- Have direct experience of district nursing services as a patient or a carer
- Have an interest in health research
- Are comfortable sharing their views at meetings attended by a range of professionals
- Have a willingness to listen to, and consider, different perspectives and opinions
- Can commit to attend meetings as agreed (medical condition allowing)
- Can give a firm commitment to keeping our research confidential and declaring any conflicts of interest if they arise
We will refund travel expenses to attend steering group meetings and offer a payment for your time of £75 for each meeting you attend (to include meeting preparation and follow up). We will provide steering group members with background information, regular updates on the project’s progress, and training if required, to support your involvement.
If you would be interested in nominating yourself to join the steering group please get in touch outlining why you would like to join the steering group, how you meet the criteria in the bullet points above, and any previous experience you have of involvement in research.
Page last reviewed: 25 September, 2019