The Community HIV Support Team has two workers who provide confidential support for individuals and families living with and affected by HIV/AIDS in Oxfordshire.
The team offers:
- Long and short term emotional support.
- Support and information for newly diagnosed people.
- Home visits.
- Hospital visits.
- Liaison with other healthcare services.
- Peer support group
- Antenatal and postnatal support for HIV positive women.
- Follow up of babies born to HIV positive mothers.
- Support for children infected and affected by HIV.
- Help for parents disclosing to their children.
- Bereavement support.
- Information via leaflets, the internet and verbally.
- Training for health staff on HIV issues.
Referrals can be made by any healthcare professional or patients can self refer.
Community HIV Support Team
East Oxford Health Centre
Tel: 01865 904296
Opening times: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm