Hospital at Home
This information is also available in our printable leaflet.
What is Hospital at Home?
The Hospital at Home team are here to:
- provide healthcare to you at home as an alternative to hospital admission
- support earlier discharges from hospital for people who are well enough to return home
Patients on Hospital at Home stay in their own homes but they recieve extra care and attention from the Hospital at Home team. The team work like a hospital ward team and have regular multi-disciplinary meetings where they discuss the patients they are looking after. The service is designed to give patients extra support so that they are not admitted to hospital or so that their admission is as short as possible. This service is available across Oxfordshire.
What do the Hospital at Home team do?
The team will:
- assess your needs and plan your healthcare with you
- provide extra support, monitoring and specialist care while you are unwell
- with your permission, liaise closely with any other health and social care professionals, family members or carers involved in your ongoing care, so they are aware of your progress
Who is in the team?
The Hospital at Home team is made up of:
- occupational therapists
- healthcare assistants
How can I access the service?
Patients can be referred to the service through:
Older People services
You can contact the Hospital at Home team during normal working hours on 01865 904 256
Last updated: 16 February, 2018