The integrated locality teams are an integral part of a bigger scheme that provides personalised and integrated community, mental health and social care services.
We provides patients, GPs and acute services with one quick and simple route to well joined-up, multi-disciplinary locality-based care which aims to:
• enable patients to stay independent at home or in their usual place of residence as much as possible
• safely support patients though periods of illness regardless of how many different community-based health and social care specialists are involved in providing that care
• support self-management – our patients are ‘partners’ in their care, and we personalise health and social care to patients’ unique needs as much as possible.
• Manage worsening of chronic obstructive respiratory diseases (COPD) and asthma to prevent acute hospital admission where possible, and provide support for the person to enable them to remain in their own home
• Improve quality of life
• Provide initial support after discharge from hospital or other acute service
• Ensure that the right professional is responsible for long-term care
• Identify patients goals and work with them and their carer so that they can achieve their goals.
We can offer:
• holistic assessment of complex needs, and patients whose condition might be getting worse
• crisis management
• care coordination
• improving health outcomes for patients with long-term conditions, including education
• facilitating hospital discharge
• integration back into the community
• end of life care and support at home
• preventing social isolation.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU CANNOT SELF-REFER TO THIS SERVICE: PLEASE ASK YOUR GP TO REFER YOU. REFERRALS CAN ALSO BE MADE BY OTHER HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE PROFESSIONALS.
Central integrated locality team
63 Blackbird Leys Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire OX4 6HJ
North integrated locality team
The Fiennes Centre, Horton Hospital, Hightown Road, Banbury OX16 9BF
West integrated locality team
Witney Community Hospital, Welch Way, Witney OX28 6JJ
North East integrated locality team
Bicester Community Hospital, Piggy Lane, Bicester OX26 6HT
South East integrated locality team
Wallingford Community Hospital, Reading Road, Wallingford, OX10 9DU
South West integrated locality team
Abingdon Community Hospital, Marcham Road, Abingdon OX14 1AG
Last updated: 31 May, 2018
This is a prescribed app. It should only be used alongside a face to face intervention provided by a mental health worker. Check with your local service to see if they subscribe to the app.