- About us
- Who the service is for
- Who this service is unsuitable for
- What we do
- Access our services/contact us
If you experience mental health crisis in the evening, you can get support with Wycombe Safe Haven by calling 01494 218098
Wycombe Safe Haven is an out-of-hours, non-clinical space offering crisis support, signposting, safety planning and listening support over the weekend.
Wycombe Safe Haven is open on Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings from 6.30pm until 12 midnight.
The referral line is open from 6pm on the day of the service. Last entry is 11pm.
You must call ahead first to reserve a space.
We may not have a space if people arrive at the venue without calling ahead.
- Buckinghamshire residents over 18 who are experiencing a mental health crisis who wish to access support, and could benefit from a supportive, non-clinical environment out of hours
- People who historically may have attended the emergency department, in the absence of other options for accessing assessment, support and safety
- People who may be at risk of self-harm or suicide, but no immediate risk to themselves or others.
- People younger than 18 years, or those living outside of Buckinghamshire
- People presenting an immediate risk to themselves or others
- Anyone likely to be disruptive or aggressive in an informal social environment
- Anyone who needs immediate medical treatment
- People who are significantly intoxicated with alcohol or drugs on arrival will not be admitted
- A safe place to be during the crisis
- Someone to talk to, if you want
- An opportunity to work on safety planning, coping skills, and relaxation techniques.
- An opportunity to use the space to relax or take part in available activities
- Staff who come from a range of backgrounds and offer person-centered support
We are unable to offer:
- A Section 136 Place of Safety
- Regular ongoing support
- Formal clinical psychiatric assessment
- Medical care
- All-night support: we close at 12 midnight.
- Transport to or from the venue
- Telephone support
You can self-refer yourself, or a health care professional can refer you.
Anyone making a referral needs to call us in advance: we may not have a space if people arrive at the venue without calling ahead.
You can call us on 01494 218098 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are located at Buckinghamshire Mind, 260 Desborough Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 2QR Click here for directions.
Wycombe Safe Haven is open on Thursday, Friday & Saturday from 6.30pm until 12 midnight. Last entry is 11pm.
Page last reviewed: 9 March, 2020