Manage your anxiety
What will the course be like?
- It will run for four weeks and each session is 2 hours 15 minutes long
- You will learn in a course with other people experiencing anxiety
- There will be two experienced facilitators to teach and support you
- You will have the opportunity to learn cognitive behavioural techniques to manage your depression
- You will be encouraged to try out techniques between sessions and review how you get on
What will the course cover?
The course is based on well researched Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), a psychological approach focusing on the links between thoughts, feelings and behaviour.
The topics covered include:
What is CBT?
What is anxiety.
Physical Symptoms of anxiety.
Unhelpful thinking and worry.
Challenging our thoughts and worries.
Problem solving and smart goals.
Looking after yourself.
Planning for the future.
What are the benefits of attending a course?
- Learning new techniques to help manage your own difficulties
- Meeting new people and sharing ideas and experiences
- Being supported to try out techniques
What if I don’t like the idea of being in a group?
You won’t be on your own. It is natural for people to feel worried in new or different situations. People who have attended our course have found it easier with each session. You will not be expected to discuss personal issues within the class.
What about the information I do give?
It will be kept on a secure database system which is only accessed by the TalkingSpace Plus team. If you have given us consent, your GP will be informed of the support you receive from us.
For future dates please click here
Last updated: 16 April, 2013