What we’re doing
What are we doing to promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion?
We have been using the NHS Equality Delivery System to develop our equalities work. This framework has helped us to identify our equality priorities and consolidate the progress we have made to date which can be attributed to a number of relationships, practices and initiatives involving a diverse range of stakeholders, sector agencies and partnerships.
The details below outline the work at Oxford Health in relation to meeting the public sector equality duties to eliminate unlawful discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations between people from all the protected characteristics.
- A Trust-wide EDI Strategy with associated action plans for race, disability, gender and sexual orientation equality
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Steering Group
- Equal Opportunities Policy with associated Procedural Guidance for supporting employees with disabilities, trans employees and service users, and for interpreting & translation
- Annual equality and diversity conference
- A range of training and staff development programmes
- Interpreting provision for face-to-face, telephony and BSL language support
- Rainbow lanyards and badges for staff
- EDI pages and resources on the staff intranet
- ReachDeck facility for people with visual impairment
- We are accredited as a Disability Confident Employer and are working to achieve Level 3: Disability Confident Leader
- Working in partnership with AccessAble to make sure our buildings and services are accessible to all
- Five staff equality networks for Disability, Gender, LGBT+, Race, and Religion & Spirituality
- Ten Equality Staff Support Groups for Autism, Dyslexia, Mental Health, Physical Disability & Health Conditions, Men, Women, Trans & Non-Binary staff, Menopause, International staff and Gypsy, Roma & Traveller
We are sorry you did not find this page helpful
Tell us how we can improve this page
Page last reviewed: 2 November, 2023