Live better, live longer – learning disability health event
If you would like to find out what positive steps you can take to live well and be healthier, then this is the event for you! Organised by Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust and Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group, 'Live better, live longer' is free drop-in event for people with a learning disability and their carers.
When: Tuesday, June 28
Time: drop in any time between 10am and 4pm
Where: Unipart Conference Suite, Garsington Road, Oxford OX4 2PG
We welcome you to attend at any time during the day where you will have the opportunity to attend talks on screening and living well.
There will be a range of stalls to visit and activities to get involved in.
There will be a rolling program of talks throughout the day
- Bowel screening 10:30am-10:50am & 1:30pm-1:50pm
- Breast screening 11:00am-11:20am & 2:00pm-2:20pm
- Cervical screening 11:30am-11:50am & 2:30pm-2:50pm
- Healthy lifestyles 12:00pm-12:20pm & 3:00pm-3:20pm
Come for a chat
There will be information stands and the opportunity to have conversations about:
- Breast, bowel, cervical, testicular, retinal and AAA (Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm) screening
- Healthy lifestyles and healthy eating
- NHS, Social Care and Support Services that are available to you
- Accessible information on health matters that are more likely to affect someone with a learning disability
Please spread the word about this event to people you think would like to attend and benefit from it. You can download a poster here.
Parking & assistance
Parking is free at Unipart House and there is disabled parking available.
If you have any special requirements to enable you to attend, please contact Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: 5 May 2022