URGENT APPEAL: Join our fight, join our team and help us to keep caring
We are recruiting now for key worker roles for our community hospitals and health care settings. Apply today and make a difference
Your NHS needs you! That’s the message from Oxford Health’s chief nurse Marie Crofts who has today launched a recruitment campaign to attract an army of full time and flexible staff in a range of key worker roles to enable your local NHS to keep on caring during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust cares for thousands of patients across Oxfordshire and beyond – your friends, family and loved ones.
Our dedicated NHS staff run physical and mental health services throughout the county – from our community hospitals in Witney, Abingdon, Bicester, Didcot, Wallingford and Henley; via our district nursing teams; out of hours services and specialist teams, like stroke wards, to minor injuries units and mental health settings for children, teenagers, adults and older people.
Marie said: “Coronavirus is having a big impact on our staffing levels as more and more people are impacted by the virus. Some of our clinical support staff have needed to self-isolate, look after their families, or have on-going conditions that put them at higher risk.
“We want them to stay safe, but we have a growing mountain of work to do in caring for the communities we serve. As a result, we have a range of full time, temporary flexible and bank worker roles with immediate starts available in clinical and non-clinical roles.
“So, if you are one of the many people who have unfortunately lost their jobs or are facing an uncertain future due to Coronavirus, you could quickly find yourself a new role with us and do your bit – to join our fight, join our teams and help us to keep caring.”
The following roles are available, full training and equipment provided. DBS checks may be required. Weekly or monthly pay is available for flexible workers:
- Healthcare support workers and community support workers: People who provide invaluable help for nursing teams.
- Driver receptionists – who help clinical teams get to patients quickly
- Admin workers – a range of opportunities for anyone with Microsoft skills
- Housekeeping team members – to keep things clean, tidy and hygienic
- Pharmacy stores assistants – helping our teams ensure patients get their medication
- Property Maintenance Operatives – keeping our estates in Warneford, Littlemore and community hospitals running.
- The Trust is also appealing for any registered nurses and mental health nurses to make contact.
Marie added: “Having the support of our community will make such a difference to our hard-pressed teams. If you’re not sure what you can do for us, please visit our website or have a conversation with our team on Staffing Solutions hotline. We are #oneOHFT.”
Register your interest or apply today
Call: Staffing Solutions hotline on 07769 934843( weekdays 9am to 5pm)
Email: email@example.com and we’ll respond
Visit: careers.oxfordhealth.nhs.uk for more details
Published: 25 March 2020