- About us
- Who the service is for
- Who this service is unsuitable for
- What we do
- Access our services/contact us
If you experience mental health crisis, you can get support with Oxford Safe Haven by calling 01865 903 037
Oxford Safe Haven is a non-clinical space offering crisis support, signposting, safety planning and listening support.
We offer one to one support on the phone and face to face, small groups face to face and online.
The Oxford Safe Haven is open 7 days a week from 6pm until 10pm.
The referral line is open from 5pm on the day of the service and the last entry is at 9pm.
You must call first to book an appointment for the same day.
We may not have a space if people arrive at the venue without calling ahead.
Please note that the hours will increase and we will be able to offer support during the day, please check the website for updates.
- Oxfordshire residents over 18 who are experiencing a mental health crisis who wish to access support, and could benefit from a supportive, non-clinical environment out of hours
- People who historically may have attended the emergency department, in the absence of other options for accessing assessment, support and safety
- People who may be at risk of self-harm or suicide, but no immediate risk to themselves or others.
- People younger than 18 years, or those living outside of Oxfordshire
- People presenting an immediate risk to themselves or others
- Anyone likely to be disruptive or aggressive in an informal social environment
- Anyone who needs immediate medical treatment
- People who are significantly intoxicated with alcohol or drugs on arrival will not be admitted
- A safe place to be during the crisis
- Someone to talk to face to face – if you want
- Telephone and online support
- An opportunity to work on safety planning, coping skills, and relaxation techniques.
- An opportunity to use the space to relax, listen to the music, or use art materials,
- Staff who come from a range of backgrounds and offer person-centred support
We are unable to offer:
- A Section 136 Place of Safety
- Regular ongoing support
- Formal clinical psychiatric assessment
- Medical care
- All-night support: we close at 10pm.
- Transport to or from the venue
You can self-refer yourself, or a health care professional can refer you.
Anyone making a referral needs to call us in advance: we may not have a space if people arrive at the venue without calling ahead. Phones are open from 5pm.
You can call us on 01865 903037/07710 092849, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are located at the Manzil Resource Centre Entrance 2, Manzil Way, Oxford OX4 1XE. Click here for directions
The Oxford Safe Haven is open 7 days a week.
Page last reviewed: 8 July, 2021