We're here to help
Many people think that the library service does little more than lend books or provide a place to read journals. OHFT librarians however can do far more than this, actively supporting research by offering training in literature searching, critical appraisal and referencing and performing literature searches for busy clinicians and managers.
On-site services include computing facilities, areas for quiet study, group study rooms and access to expert library staff to help with general and detailed enquiries, sourcing of journal articles and books.
Access to Oxford Health Libraries from October 2021
Due to restrictions related to Covid-19, the library service continues to operate remotely and currently our libraries will be staffed as follows:
- Warneford Library: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 9.00 – 5.00; Thursday 9.30-4.00
- Whiteleaf Library: Monday,Thursday & Friday 9.30 – 1.30; Tuesday & Wednesday 9.30-1.30
- Littlemore Library: Monday, Tuesday & Friday 9.30 – 5.00
Outside these hours Library staff can still be contacted (during normal working hours) via email, phone or Microsoft Teams for support with your knowledge and information needs.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information if required.
Many library services and resources are still available online. You can:
Access e-books via our online catalogue at: swims.inforlib.uk/iguana/www.main.cls?surl=HEE
- Access electronic journals at journals.nice.org.uk
- Search for all resources in one place at oxfordhealth.ovidds.com
- Request articles not included in Oxford Health Libraries’ journal subscriptions, and copies of individual chapters from books via https://www.oxfordhealth.nhs.uk/library/ or by emailing us at email@example.com
- Request literature or information searches via www.oxfordhealth.nhs.uk/library/services/literature-searching to help you locate and utilise the evidence or best practice
- Sign up to current awareness alerts to keep up to date with the latest evidence in your specialism via: https://www.oxfordhealth.nhs.uk/library/services/keeping-up-to-date/
Please let us know if you need an OpenAthens log in or any help with finding & accessing resources. See here for further information about NHS OpenAthens
Last updated: 4 October, 2021