The Oxford Health Charity exists to support those receiving care and working with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
They enhance patient, carer, and staff experience through supporting projects, activities, and training over and above that provided through the NHS.
Making a difference
They make a difference through:
- listening to what the wards and teams need;
- engaging with partners who help those both before and after they receive support from Oxford Health;
- supporting innovation and service development.
They encourage requests for funding and support throughout the year as well as support teams to fundraise.
Some of the projects they have helped fund include:
- Artscape – they run lots of art workshops for service users and a variety of the art work produced can be seen around the whole of Oxford Health
- Warneford Meadow Project – Oxford Health Charity have helped support staff from the Vaughan Thomas ward to get patients and members of the public involved in the renovation of the meadow
- Befriending support service for carers
- Oxford Health Cares – boxes full of goodies that went out to all the teams, from inpatient mental health teams, to admin support, to district nurses within Oxford Health during the COVID-19 period to keep their spirits up.